Saturday, September 13, 2014

Quick Update

My PET Scan in Vancouver was postponed until last week because they ran out of the radioactive tracer that needs to be injected in my body for the scan. Apparently this is an ongoing problem. Anyways, after a few phone calls on Thursday, everything got sorted out and now I have a fun-filled week ahead of me:

Mon, Sept 15 - Bone Marrow Biopsy (ouch!!)
Tue, Sept 16 - CT-Guided Chest Biopsy (even more ouch!!)
Wed, Sept 17 - PET Scan in Vancouver
Thu, Sept 18 - Oncologist Appointment
Fri, Sept 19 - First chemo session

That's all for now. I will probably write a longer post this week, or next weekend.

Thanks for reading,
Christopher

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christopher, my name is Lilly and I found your story on the Light the Night Canada website. My team will be participating in the Montreal walk. I have been in remission from Stage 4 B Splenic Marginal Zone NHL for 9 months now. I was a runner, did yoga, ate well and thought I was gonna live forever :) I am still not back to my old self , but I am subbornly working at it. Your journey is truly inspiring and I wish you luck and strength in this new fight. Thank you for sharing your experience! It can get quite lonely, and finding a blog like yours makes me feel less alone. I hope all the tests have gone as well as they can go and that this new chemo is manageable. I had 6 rounds of RCHOP too last summer and the last 2 were the toughest. I am now on maintenance Retuxin for 2 years ( every three months) because my NHL is Indolent therefore not curable and relapse is pretty much inevidable at some point in my future. I hope you continue to blog about this. You are not alone in your fight! Good luck! Lilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying hello, Lilly, especially with such a nice message! Look me up on Facebook if you want? I'd love to chat more :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have Facebook right now but my mom sent me a screenshot of your latest update. I used to watch a lot of medical dramas and I learned how to do a tracheotomy with a BIC pen, so if the lung is still bothering you let me know. I've never actually tried it but it looks super easy! Also if you or wifey need ANYTHING else, you know where to find me :) -Sara

    ReplyDelete