Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Light the Night Walk 2014

Donate HERE or join my team HERE.

For the second year in a row, I have decided to take part in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada's Light the Night Walk Victoria. This year it is taking place on October 25th at the Red Barn Market on West Saanich Road.

Last year my personal fundraising goal was $1000, and my team goal was $3000. In less than a month, we ended up fundraising $5000!

This year my personal goal is to raise $5000. I am walking as part of the Red Barn Market team, and our overall goal for the Victoria LTN Walk is $30,000.

Why am I doing this?

I have a blood cancer, and the LLSC helps people with blood cancers. They are an excellent organization. Full stop. 


What is the Light the Night Walk?

Each year, in communities across Canada, teams of families, friends, co-workers and local and national corporations come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada's (LLSC's) Light The Night Walk events and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers. In 2013, nearly 25,000 people participated, raising over $5 million.

If you would like to find out more about where your dollars go, please visit the LLSC website

Anyways, here is the point: I am writing this post to humbly ask for your help in supporting the cause, in the form of a small donation. You can head on over to my fundraising page here if you're able to give, or if you'd like to even join my team and help with the fundraising, you can do so here.

Thank-you very much!!!

Best,
Christopher


My story is also on the LLSC Website which you can view by clicking the image below!


No comments:

Post a Comment