Saturday, July 7, 2012

Half Way There

You may notice that the frequency of my blog posts has been declining. Mostly it's because I've felt great for a week and it was sunny outside, but also because I feel like I'm started to repeat myself: Every 21 days I go for chemo, then I feel crappy for a week-and-a-half, then I feel "ok" for half a week, then I feel good for a week. Aaaaand repeat!

I went for my third round yesterday. It went fine as usual, and Kaitlin's aunt Kathy came with me which was fun because we had tons to talk about and she brought me food. Thanks Kathy!

I found this sign sitting on my chair when I got to chemo so of course we needed a photo. And for those of you who have already been confused, no, that is not puke in my lap, it's granola!

I'm not sure what changed this time, but I started to feel nauseous almost immediately after finishing the chemo. I also got knocked out pretty hard from the diphenhydramine (i.e. Benadryl - I take it to help prevent reactions from the Rituximab) so I slept all afternoon, waking up periodically and feeling like I was going to puke. I didn't though, and although I still feel really queasy right now, I think I'm going to be able to keep my breakfast down.

And thus begins my third cycle. If everything is working as it should, then I am now half way to being cured

of cancer. Keep those positive thoughts, prayers, and healing vibes coming please... I truly appreciate every single one of them!

Thanks for reading,
Christopher


                Fighting Cancer                                           My Kitchen Table is a Pharmacy

4 comments:

  1. Love the update, Christopher. Half way there -- you've got this! Sending positive thoughts and prayers from thousands of kms away, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow lymphomite! I'm glad to see you're through the halfway point. I start round 2 on Monday, though my infusion takes a whole week to do. Stay strong and keep fighting the good fight. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Soiled". Isn't it wild that one word can evoke so many images? In this case all rather yucky!Take care, cheers, xelA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay half way! You're doing great Chris!

    Ponemos nuestra vista detraz de un distante horizonte y entonces abrimos el camino caminando.

    We set our sights on a destination beyond the distant horizon and then we make the road by walking.

    Keep being awesome!
    Kim P.

    ReplyDelete