Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Celebrating 10,000 Views

Wow. That's about all I can say. Thank-you SO much, everyone, for your unparalleled support and love. I started this blog to keep family and close friends updated on my progress throughout this journey, so it is absolutely mind-boggling that so many people (many of whom I don't even know) are reading it. Well... unless my dad is sitting at home clicking "refresh" ... "refresh" ... "refresh" to make me feel important. But even if the 10,000 views are from ten people re-reading this a thousand times each, that is still something to be extremely thankful for. So thank-you for reading, everyone.

Tomorrow marks my halfway point. I have had three chemo treatments so far, and I have three remaining before I go to Vancouver for some tests, and am (fingers crossed) pronounced "cured" once and for all.

I have been doing really well since my last treatment. A few of the side-effects, such as the fatigue, mouth pain, and confusion, haven't been nearly as pronounced as the first two treatments. A few have been worse, such as the "puffiness" from the Prednisone, and the bone pain from the Neupogen. However, the thing that I have done best this time is to continue living my life as normally as possible. I only missed one week of work this time around, and I have been forcing myself to run, cycle, and lift weights more than I was. In fact, I managed to lift weights five days after chemo, and go for a run three days after that! Exertion has been really hard, but I think pushing myself to the point of exhaustion is actually helping to make my body fight to become stronger. I have been spending a lot of time outdoors as well.

It's been nearly a week since my last post, however; I got some really good topic suggestions via email, Facebook, and the comments section, so I will try to make time to post some answers sooner than later.

Thanks for reading,
Christopher

12 comments:

  1. Excellent, Christopher! Both on you reaching that halfway point with a never-ending smile on your face and for pushing yourself to your limits. I really respect and admire you for your determination. Keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris
    I think we took a course at UVic together when we were in second year. I also think you and I used to go to the same school in Langley many moons ago. Anyhow, I found your blog via Facebook as we clearly have mutual friends being that we came from the B.Ed program at UVic and all. As a fellow cancer survivor (I was 16 when I was diagnosed), I just wanted to say that your blog is awesome! Your attitude and outlook is exactly how I carried myself. Though my cancer and treatment was slightly different from yours, I still had many of the same side effects, including being a baldy! Having cancer radically changed my life, and I am not lying when I say, in some weird way, for the better. I'll look forward to reading many more posts - and especially the one to celebrate your last day of chemo one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you for having such a great attitude & continuing to push yourself through a time of pain & uncertainty. Sometime, we'll meet up & drink tea. I owe you the highest of fives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Christopher!
    I do not know you, but know OF you by your parents!
    I read your blog religiously as it gives me a kick in the butt to keep a positive attitude all the time!!!
    Thanks for being so candid!!!!
    Thinking about you!!!!
    Hopefully one day, I'll have the honor to meet you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,
    What a fabulous attitude you have. You are an inspiration to the cause of the cure. It is amazing that you have been steadfast and motion forward, and I am honoured to have you as our DJ at David's and my wedding!!!!! SEE YOU SATURDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris -- I just wanted to check in and say hey. I hope that you are continuing to progress through your treatment and are hanging in there. As a fellow lymphoma patient I know well your struggles, as well as your celebrations. Stay strong and keep up the great attitude!

    Rick Anderson (krickincancer.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to Christopher. All of us here in the UVIC Field Experience Office are cheering you on. Love the blog. Luanne and Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you, everyone!! I have my next round of chemo on Friday so I'll do another post this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6ZLM7yK8c


    This song came on as I was reading this post, and the picture of you jumping and the positiveness just seemed to fit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ........It was "Three Pistols" by the Hip.
    Would've been more epic if the link actually worked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Chris!!!
    It's been a big 2 weeks since we've heard about you!
    Just hoping all is well...you're more than half way through!
    I do dare thinking you are too busy enjoying life at its best to sit at your computer!!!!
    You are still in my thoughts!!!!

    ReplyDelete