Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hospital Admission... At Last!

I was finally admitted to Vancouver General Hospital this afternoon. I will start my BEAM Chemotherapy tomorrow, and it will continue for six days. Next Wednesday I will receive my stem cell transplant, and then I will have 2-3 weeks of recovery here in the hospital. After that, there will be 7-10 days where I will be required to return to the hospital every day or two for tests.

I will do my best to update this when I can. Please continue sending me all your positive energy, well-wishes, and prayers!

Thanks for reading,
Christopher

4 comments:

  1. Brooke Cummings (a student from your class this past year) and I have been following your blog. Brooke misses you and wishes you were teaching her music class again. We are rooting for you. Sending you big tender warm hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. We know you CAN and WILL KICK CANCERS ASS. Thinking of you always Brooke and mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, both of you! I miss you too, Brooke, and I hope you are having a good year in school! Send me an email (cpoynter@uvic.ca) if you want to keep in touch. I promise I will always write back. :)

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Start the count down! At least you'll be stuck inside in winter- better than missing out on the summer sun. :)
    Let me know if you have any questions that I may be able to help answer!
    Cheers,
    Cristine (your insta-friend!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cristine! Yeah... just sloggin' through it here, starting to feel crappy and getting nervous about how much worse it's gonna get soon, haha! :(

      Delete