Monday, September 30, 2013

Light the Night Walk 2013

Hi everyone,

I have decided to celebrate my one year of remission by taking part in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada's Light the Night Walk 2013, which is on October 26th at the University of Victoria.

For the last few years I have taken part in the Movember cause, last year raising more than $1000 to support mens' health initiatives. I have chosen something a little closer to home this year, and have set a personal fundraising goal of $1000, and a team fundraising goal of $3000. This is a lot of money to raise in less than a month.

That's where YOU come in!

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada supported me when I was battling cancer, so I feel drawn to support them in return. I am writing this post to humbly ask for your help in supporting the cause, in the form of a small donation. You can head on over to my fundraising page here if you're able to give, or if you'd like to even join my team and help with the fundraising, you can do so here.

If you would like to find out more about why you should donate, and where your dollars will go, please visit the LLSC website. Thank-you so very much for your support!

Best,
Christopher

**UPDATE: WE RAISED MORE THAN $5000, AND GOT AN AWARD FOR RAISING THE MOST MONEY AT THE EVENT!!**

1 comment:

  1. We're participating for the first time this year, and I came across your post. How awesome that you were able to raise so much money!

    ReplyDelete