Saturday, May 26, 2012

Post Chemo Breakfast

This is just going to be a short post, but I thought I'd write it anyways because I love food and maybe someone else will see it and think "hmmm, maybe I'll try this for breakfast too!" Today I am getting waves of nausea from the chemotherapy, but the most important thing aside from my anti nausea medications is to keep hydrated and keep eating. So here is my post-chemo breakfast: Combine 1/2 cup each of orange slices, banana, frozen blueberries, vanilla soy milk, and yogurt in a blender. Mix until smooth. Enjoy this alongside an English muffin topped with peanut butter homemade strawberry jam & cheese. It seems to be sitting well right now, and it also filled me up pretty good, which is weird because usually at this time of day I could eat a cow! ~ Chris

4 comments:

  1. Breakfast of champs! Thanks for the updates, thinking of you and sending waves of nauseau-fighting vibes. Now, to make that smoothie for my bedtime snack ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheese, I do, but on an English muffin with pb and j??? Ew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't ON the English muffin, it was BESIDE it! But regardless, I disagree with you... Cheese goes splendidly with PB&J! ;)

      Delete
  3. I've recommended to my younger patients to head to places like Booster Juice and get them to throw in lots of protein powder, apparently those who've gone with my advice were pleasantly pleased with my suggestion...

    Brian

    ReplyDelete